Top 5 Tips for Sleep-Inducing Beds
We’ve got a little ways to go before we’ll be welcoming the exciting onset of spring. So this is a great time to snuggle up in bed and perfect the art of slumber. Days are still short, the nights are still long — and for most of us, it’s cold out there! Let’s take a moment to celebrate sleep with some tips for setting the stage for a good winter’s rest.
1. Start by selecting the right pillows sizes and fills. Whether you want twin or king, fluffy or firm is a personal preference, but there is no substitute for quality. And of course avoid anything that might trigger allergies!
2. Once you find your soulmate in a pillow, go for the best linens you can afford. Don’t settle for disposable sheets that need replacing within a year or two. Linen companies, like Leontine and Matouk, are a great place to begin. They are industry leaders in the linen world, and there is nothing like cozying up to their products.
3. When it comes blankets, duvets, quilts and coverlets, make sure you have a variety on hand to fit your hot or cold nature. Plus, when you host your guests, you’ll want to make sure you have what you need to ensure they are comfortable and feeling pampered.
4. In addition to heavier blankets, you’ll want to have a few light cotton blankets for summer slumber.
5. And, finally, for the all-important mattress. It’s so important to do your research and purchase the best mattress for you body type. And you must test them! Never buy a mattress you haven’t tried out. Years ago, I made the switch to an amazing mattress, and it made all the difference in my sleep, mood, and energy.
Wishing you many nights of wonderful winter rest — and all of the quality accessories that help you feel cozy and peaceful.