5 Looks that Move from Runway to Home
I love New York Fashion Week! Twice a year, I find amazing inspiration from the colors, patterns, and trims. And I’m not the only one – furniture, fabric, and wallpaper designers are just a few of the others who will bring their favorite trends from the runways right into your home.
Here are 5 of my favorite looks from last month’s fashion shows that I think will find their way into interior design:
1. New Romanticism. When even Ralph Lauren goes all dreamy and sensuous, you know this is going to be a big trend. Look for more feminine detailing, gorgeous silks, and fabulous flowing designs for the home.
2. Argyle. Menswear looks are timeless, and this preppy pattern is making a comeback in a big way, like in the Thom Browne look below! This could be a trend that you see on fabrics, but also in shapes for wood and other materials.
3. Orange really is the new black. It’s the hue to watch for in the home – including paint colors. Don’t be afraid to take a bold step with this color, including the deeper burnt orange like this one from Christian Siriano.
4. Plaid is everywhere. Look for plaids that aren’t normally seen in menswear, but offer new colors and patterns, like this elegant version from Jenny Packham. Note the romantic flow of the dress, too!
5. Skinny bright stripes. A fun and funky look from designers like Jeremy Scott that’s inspired by the ‘80s, this would be a fun look in a powder room or on a great accent chair!
Was there a color or trend from New York Fashion Week that caught your eye? Let me know what it was!